Properly caring for a teak utensil set can help them last a lifetime. Here are some do’s and don’ts that can help you learn the best practices.
- Wash your teak utensil set in hot soapy water immediately after use
- Pat the utensils dry with a cloth and let air dry
- Rub with a slice of lemon and allow to air dry if strong flavors have seeped into the wood
- Apply mineral oil to the wood once in a while to prevent the wood from cracking or drying out
- Put wood utensils or cutting boards into the dishwasher as this can cause them to crack
- Allow the utensils to sit in water to soak for extended periods of time