With the oranges now in season and in abundance, we are always looking at ways to make the most of the produce available and not have anything go to waste!
This recipe is super simple to make and always comes out so moist. A recipe that is enjoyed by the whole family (baking and eating it!).
Give it a go and let us know what you think!
1 whole orange, skin and all
180g melted butter
3 large eggs
1 cup of caster sugar
1 1/2 cups of self raising flour
2 1/2 cups of icing sugar
2 tablespoons of melted butter
Orange juice and zest
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Grease a 20cm/8inch round cake tin
3. Place whole orange in food process and blend until well pureed
4. Add all other ingredients and combine
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove and let cool.
6. Icing: Mix icing sugar, butter, zest and enough orange juice together until icing is consistent enough to run down sides of cooled cake. Or dust with icing sugar for an easy option.
Note: These also make great cupcakes. If you are coooking cupcakes, bake for 12-15 minutes or internal temperature of 90°C and they will come our perfectly! Enjoy!